Wednesday, July 27, 2011

New York / Saying Good-Bye to the US

My parents and I arrived in New York city the other day after a Virgin America red-eye flight from the Bay area. After sleeping for approximately a day straight to make up for it, we began casually exploring and really just enjoying our time together. This trip was planned as a final vacation before we part ways, and I couldn't have asked for anything better. Between strolls, Asian food, shopping, and Broadway shows I'm savoring my last week with my parents. We do vacation in an enjoyable way; by planning almost nothing out ahead of time. We booked our hotel and two musicals before we came, but beyond that our schedule has been free. Because of that, we ended up in central park for boating...

Proof.

.... In Tip Top Shoe Shop for, well... shoe shopping....
Kick-ass boots, no?

...and in a theater off Broadway to watch 'Catch Me If You Can' the musical. 
So that's about it. Here I am; sitting in a hotel room above New York, sipping diet coke and blogging while trying to rest my feet (new boots hurt after the first three miles of walking). We'll see Billy Elliot tomorrow and then board a DC-bound train on Saturday. Somehow, it doesn't really feel like I'm on my way to Germany.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment